Can Homeowners Make Emergency Repairs Before the Insurance Adjuster Arrives?
SERVPRO Professionals Provide Emergency Services in Plainsboro and the Surrounding Areas.
For homeowners in Plainsboro, a flooded home can be a catastrophic event. Everything is soaked. There may be broken windows or openings in the roof, allowing more water to enter the house. Floodwaters can also bring a host of toxic chemicals along with biological material into the home. Homeowners want to begin saving anything they can and make repairs as soon as possible. But should they wait until the adjuster arrives?
SERVPRO provides flood damage cleanup and restoration services to Plainsboro and surrounding areas. We can help with emergency repairs, cleanup, toxic substance removal, disinfection, and restoration. We provide 24 / 7 coverage and can be onsite in less than four hours to assist with emergency issues.
Our team at SERVPRO works with many insurance companies and adjusters. We have found that the best approach regarding emergency repairs before an adjuster arrives includes:
- Avoid entering your home until it is safe – electrical, chemical slips, and falls are potential hazards.
- Use your smartphone to take pictures to document the damage
- Arrange for board-up services and tarps on roofs to prevent further water damage
- SERVPRO can develop a plan to mitigate additional damage
Can Delays in Flood Cleanup Cause Additional Damage?
The amount of damage caused by flooding after a storm can vary a great deal. Every situation is different and must be assessed. However, delays in cleanup and drying of the contents and structure can cause further damage. For example:
- Wood products absorb water and begin to swell.
- Drywall materials also absorb moisture, swell, and begin to disintegrate
- Coloring used in many fabrics, magazines, and flooring begins to bleed out to other materials
- Mold starts to establish colonies 24 to 48 hours
Our team can help with initial emergency requirements, cleanup, and drying of your home. We also provide reconstruction and restoration services needed for significant damage claims. Our general contractor's license is 13VH06622700.
Call SERVPRO of East Brunswick / Princeton Meadows (732) 432-9800 to help with flood damage to your home.