A Storm Has Caused Flood Damage in My Home. How Can I Bring Things Back to Normal?
Contact a Restoration Company to Handle the Storm Flood Damage in Your Plainsboro Home
Storms are known to cause flooding and other problems to homes. The effects of flood damage in your Plainsboro home can be severe and long-lasting. It would be best if you hired a flood restoration company like SERVPRO to clean up your home and rebuild the damaged areas.
What Would I Do If The Flooding Wreaked Havoc On My House?
If the storm flood damage in your Plainsboro residence is severe, you need to act quickly by doing the following:
- Move from your home and find a safe place to stay as soon as possible.
- If your home has electrical issues, contact your local electricity distributors to inform them about the situation.
- Report sewage hazards to the authorities
- Contact your insurance company immediately
Even a small local flood on your property can ruin a lifetime of belongings and affect the comfort you feel in the reliability of your home. SERVPRO is experienced in flood damage cleanup and can work with you to restore your home as quickly as possible. We will work with your insurance provider to expedite the service.
What Damage Can A Storm Cause Other Than Flooding, and How Do You Deal With It?
A storm can compromise the safety of your home. Knowing the type of destruction to expect can help you deal with it effectively. Our team can handle different kinds of damage, including:
- Hail damage – This can affect the roofing and siding. Our technicians can inspect your roof for damages and provide the needed repairs and restoration.
- Wind damage – Strong winds can lift shingles in your roof or cause cracks. Flying debris may also cause holes or cracks in your roof and siding. Our team can board up your property to prevent additional damage from the elements of weather or intruders.
- Snowmelt and ice dams damaging roofs and attics
- Water damage – Flood Water can affect your entire home, compromising its structural integrity. The common moisture-related issue is mold growth. Our team can use portable pumps to remove the floodwater. We can then use centrifugal air movers to increase air circulation in your home so that drying can take place much faster. Our team can then use desiccant dehumidifiers to remove water vapor from the air.
Our SERVPRO team sets up drying equipment to create a balanced drying system, meaning that the rate of evaporation is slightly less than or equal to the rate of dehumidification. We use moisture detection tools such as moisture sensors, thermo-hygrometers, and moisture meters to determine if a home is dry. Once your home is adequately dry, we can replace the affected building materials such as wood, drywall, and dry lining.
After a storm causes flooding in your home, do not hesitate to seek help. SERVPRO of East Brunswick / Princeton Meadows can restore your home within a short time. Call us today at (732) 432-9800.