Helping East Brunswick Residents Recover from Fire Damage
Fire Cleanup Services from SERVPRO for East Brunswick Residents
Fires can be damaging to your personal property and your home. Taking extra care to stub out cigarettes, blow out candles, and maintain appliances can reduce the risk of a sudden outbreak. However, if your property does set ablaze, we can help. SERVPRO is a locally licensed restoration service that operates twenty-four hours a day in your area.
Tackling fire damage in East Brunswick can seem overwhelming. Our service helps to reduce that stress. By using technicians with state-of-the-art equipment and training, we can minimize potential losses in the property and, in some cases, reverse damages to homes or belongings. The procedure for restoring your home begins with a phone call where we take your notification of loss. From here, we can guarantee to arrive at the property within four hours for an expert assessment. We only need the authorization to begin services at your home to start mitigating losses. Mitigation can involve drying property or belongings to prevent mold outbreaks, clearing potential debris, and, if necessary, providing humidity controls. Our team can give a verbal estimate to share with you and your insurance adjuster detailing any essential repairs within eight hours.
Burnt properties present unique challenges to technicians. No two work sites are the same, which means we have to be flexible to suit the needs of different situations. If it is safe for you to remain on the property during restoration, our team can prioritize high-usage rooms like kitchens and bathrooms. If you need to vacate the home temporarily, our team can pack your belongings, arrange transport and store them safely on your behalf. Packing out the house is usually reserved for severe damages that may require rewiring electronics and performing controlled demolition and reconstructive work to save the structure of your home. In most restoration scenarios, the lion's share of work is cleaning away smoke residues, tackling odor issues, and disposing debris, soot, and ash.
Enlisting Professional Fire Damage Restoration Services
- SERVPRO uses a two-four-eight procedure. We process the first notification of loss (FNOL) in two hours, arrive on-site within four, and can provide a verbal estimate in the first eight hours.
- Our technicians are experienced practitioners that have experience working in homes and with insurance adjusters in the local area.
- We can assist with special restoration services such as artwork recovery or arrange for subcontractors to work on HVAC repair or Electrical circuitry tasks.
Removing smoke residues is complex without a deep understanding of the composition and properties of the smoke. Generally, synthetic materials produce greasy odors, whereas natural materials leave a dry, powdery residue. Since homes and personal belongings typically include synthetic and natural materials, it is vital to pre-test smoke residues to determine the most effective cleaning action. Pre-testing equipment includes dry sponges, sensors, and white balancers to assess how far smoke has traveled from the ignition source through the house. Sometimes, pre-testing can incorporate testing cleaning products on small discrete areas. Testing cleaning products can be beneficial on wet smokes and furnishings, which may suffer adverse effects with conventional cleaning methods.
Cleaning Smoke and Fire Damage from Upholstery and Furnishings
- Introducing water to soft furnishings can cause shrink, color fade, or watermarking. Often using a solvent-based cleaning agent can achieve the best results.
- High-value materials such as leather or satin may require specific cleaning products such as Leather butter or dry-cleaning equipment to remove soot.
- Blocking furniture or placing protective covers beneath furnishings can prevent dye from bleeding into surrounding textiles or flooring.
To restore your fire damaged home emergency, contact SERVPRO of East Brunswick / Princeton Meadows at (732) 307-9665.